Awards & Recognition
Sustainability is an umbrella that covers everything we do as a company. As we continue to serve our customers, promote safety and help preserve the environment, we receive recognition and many prestigious awards for our projects and operational excellence. Here is a sample of our recent honors:
Safety & Environment
- CECONY and O&R were recognized by PA Consulting Group as recipients of the 2020 ReliabilityOne™ Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Northeast Region Metropolitan Service Area and Suburban/Rural Service Area, respectively.
- Con Edison is recognized as the first U.S utility to install smart natural-gas detectors designed to provide both customers and emergency responders with early warnings of potential gas leaks early. For developing the communications technology used in Con Edison’s natural-gas detectors, Itron won a second consecutive Public Safety Solution of the Year honor at the IoT Breakthrough Awards.
- O&R received the Tree Line USA Award from the Arbor Day Foundation for the 19th consecutive year.
- The Smart Electric Power Alliance honored Con Edison for our commitment to carbon reduction.
- Con Edison made Newsweek America’s list of most responsible companies. The list recognizes the top 300 U.S. companies covering Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance.
- Rick Trieste, department manager in Research & Development, won the John B. McGowan Sr. Research Award from the American Gas Association for his work on our natural gas detector project.
- Twenty-four of our employees received Technology Transfer Awards from EPRI for findings that will improve electrical service, enhance worker and public safety and help energy companies fend off cyberattacks.
- At the 24th Annual Videographer Awards, we received two honors in the Corporate Image category and one each in the Internal Company News and Informational categories.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Con Edison ranked 30th in New York State on Forbes’s list of Best Employers in New York State. We also ranked in the top five among utilities on the Forbes list of Best Employers for Diversity.
- Con Edison made Latina Magazine’s list of the top companies for Latina professionals.
- On the Military Times list of 100 Best Employers for Vets, Con Edison ranked No. 8. This is the third time our company has made the list.
- As You Sow, an organization focused on environmental and corporate responsibility, ranks Con Edsion among the ten best companies when it comes to integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our policies and practices.
- Con Edison made Neilson Norman Group’s list of the world’s 10 best intranets and shared design trends that make community building a top priority.
- Con Edison received the Utility Customer Experience Award from ESource 2020 for the Outage Customer Experience Dashboard.
- Patrick Prieto, a senior specialist in Customer Assistance, won the ASPIRA Latino Achievers Award for promoting diversity and inclusion by helping others make their lives better.
Social & Governance
- Con Edison was recognized as a Trendsetter among S&P 500 companies in the 2020 CPA-Zicklin Index of Corporate Political Disclosure and Accountability with a score of 94.3 out of 100.