Awards & Recognition
Sustainability is an umbrella that covers everything we do as a company. As we continue to serve our customers, promote safety, and help preserve the environment, we receive many recognitions and prestigious awards for our projects and operational excellence. Here is a sample from our list of recent honors:
Safety & Environment
- Con Edison was the Cleanie Awards Gold recipient for Mid-size Company of the Year. The Cleanie Award is the first comprehensive awards program exclusive to the cleantech industry, recognizing excellence in innovation, business leadership and superior outreach campaigns.
- Con Edison won an honorable mention in Edison Electric Institute’s 2019 Advocacy Excellence Awards for our work with building support for electric vehicle adoption.
- Con Edison won the Itron Innovator Award for the deployment of smart meter gas detectors.
- O&R’s Employee Wellness team won the Northeast Gas Association’s 2019 Excellence in Safety Award for its comprehensive workforce wellness program.
- O&R was awarded the Tree Line USA award from the Arbor Day Foundation for the 18th year in a row.
- 18 Con Edison employees won the Technology Transfer Award from the Electric Power Research Institute, a national energy research organization.
- United Way of Rockland County named O&R its Top Corporate Donor of 2019 for raising over $128,000 to support United Way programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Our work with diversity and inclusion has been honored by several professional publications, including: Black EOE Journal named us one of its Best of the Best in 2019 in Top Utilities, Gas & Oil; Latina Style named us among the top 50 companies in the country for Latina professionals; Professional Woman’s Magazine named us among the “Best of the Best” of Utilities, Energy, Gas & Oil Companies in 2019; Diversity Inc. ranked Con Edison No. 2 on its Top Utilities Specialty List.
- Con Edison was ranked No. 37 in New York State on Forbes’ America’s Best In-State Employers 2019. This list is based on an independent survey of U.S. companies employing at least 500 people in their operation.
- Con Edison was included on US Veterans Magazine’s Best of the Best – Top Veteran Friendly Company list .
- The New York/New Jersey chapter of the Minority Supplier Development Council named Con Edison its Corporation of the Year in recognition of our supplier diversity program.
- Our company won two PA Consulting Group ReliabilityOne awards—the 2019 Outstanding Customer Reliability Experience Award, as well as the organization’s award for Outstanding Reliability in the Northeast Region.
- Con Edison was honored again in 2019 as an Energy Star Partner of the Year by the Environmental Protection Agency for our “outstanding support of Energy Star-certified products as it leverages the Energy Star certification platform to guide its customers to better energy usage decisions.”
- Con Edison ranked among the top 33 of 140 largest gas and electric utilities in the country. According to the 2019 Cogent Reports Utility Trusted Brand & Customer Engagement: Residential Study Con Edison scored 747 of 1000.