Safety & Environment
The CECONY environmental management system is certified to International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 14001:2015, a systematic approach to environmental management. Through this implementation, we are committed to:
- improving safety and environmental performance
- identifying and reducing significant EH&S risk potential
- promoting wise and effective use of natural resources
- verifying our regulatory compliance
- strengthening relationships with stakeholders
ISO 14001 certification requires a commitment from all levels of CECONY, led by the top management, which we have maintained for 16 consecutive years using a rigorous third-party certification process. In 2017, certification covering all CECONY sites was updated from the latest ISO 14001:2004 to the most current ISO 14001:2015 through a two-week audit conducted by Intertek Testing Services NA.
CECONY’s chemical laboratory operations are third-party certified to ISO/IEC 17025:2005, general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories standard.