Safety & Environment
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) was created to provide consistent standards for products, manufacturing processes, and management systems. ISO certification gives stakeholders a means to validate that our company is operating an effective environmental management system. ISO also provides a framework for continual improvement throughout the company. In 2016, CECONY achieved its 14th consecutive year of companywide third-party certification of the Environmental Management System (EMS) to ISO 14001.
It is our policy to be a leader in protecting the environment and ensuring the health and safety of our employees and the public. We’re committed to:
- improving safety and environmental performance
- strengthening Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) compliance
- enhancing relationships with our stakeholders
- identifying and reducing significant EH&S risk potential
- promoting wise and effective use of natural resources
CECONY’s EMS is third-party certified to the ISO 14001:2004 EMS Standard by Intertek Testing Services NA, Inc. CECONY’s chemical laboratory operations are third-party certified to the ISO/IEC 17025:2005, general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories standard.